Witton Fell Quarry

A.D Calvert operates the Witton Fell Quarry, which is situated 6 miles from the stone yards processing plant south west of Jervaux Abbey. The quarry historically provided stone for Jervaux Abbey which was built in 1156.

Witton Fell Quarry yields a medium grained buff coloured carboniferous sandstone. Witton Fell sandstone has been used for ecclesiastical, housing , bridges, monuments, renovation and stone carving. We also provide a range of other sandstone types.

Witton Fell Sandstone Data Sheet